Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Eventful Week

Go down

An Eventful Week Empty An Eventful Week

Post  Lance Goodison Sun May 11, 2008 3:31 pm

The camera views Father Lance Goodison sitting behind a table in the CFWA Press Conference Hall. Many journalists, and quite a bit of federation fans have taken seats in front of him, their cameras flashing at him. Lance is casually clad, and looks comfortable in front of the crowd. A CFWA representative pokes at a microphone in front of him, and tries to calm the audience.

Representative: Welcome, fans and journalists, to this official CWFA press conference with the federation's number one contender to the CFWA Championship Title. I will not leave the word to Mr. Goodison himself, and you will all get the opportunity to pose any questions you'd like to ask him.

More blitzes, a few fans are applauding.

Lance: Welcome. You know, what I like the most about my CFWA career, is that it offers so many opportunities to be in touch with my fans. This is one of the things that make the pain I suffer in the ring worthwhile. I've been to hospitals, cheering up children displaying many times the strength I do. I've been to fund raising events trying to help kind souls raise money for charity. And I get to meet you, like this, to talk to you, and get to know many of you.

Lance smiles at journalists and fans alike.

Lance: And now, I have been given my big chance. I beat Scott Manson, although I admit that the outcome could have been different if he had been in better condition, and on Takeoff, I can rise to the greatest honor I can obtain in the CFWA. So far, I have been able to make a positive difference with empty hands. Imagine what difference I might make with the CFWA Championship Title belt around my waist. Everyone listens to the champ! Dear fans, I promise that I'm going to make the best out of this title shot. And where Kris Rosin has not even tapped into the potential of his title, I intend to make full use of it.

Some applause again from eager fans at the back.

Lance: And now, if anyone has questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Journalist #1: Mr. Goodison. If you were to take on Manson at his peak, how would you fare?

Lance: Good question. I don't know. Like I said before, it would be a different match. But I do not doubt that I have the ability to match him. Certainly, it would be the greatest match so far in the history of the CFWA. I hope I get that chance some day. If I do win the CWFA Championship Title, I hope to defend it against him. He's a worthy opponent. For now, though, I just hope that he'll recover and be back better than ever.

Fan #1: What preparations are you making ahead of your match with Rosin?

Lance: Oh, I'm not idle, I can tell you that. In fact, I have spent my time developing a new move, and before I face Manson, I will have developed a few more. These are moves that I am confident will make a difference, but I shouldn't reveal them all. I'm keeping them up my sleeve for Rosin. He'll be the very first one to suffer them.

Journalist #2: Quite a few talented wrestlers have been drafted from the academy lately. Do any of them show promise in your eyes?

Lance: Yes! Many of them do. Some will even be stars, I'm sure of it! I can name a few if you'd like. John Rose and Ventrue are both talented guys. They are inexperienced and could need a few lessons on life in general, so I might give them that, though. Karze and "Wild" Winter Sanderson are also skillful. Karze even seems like a down to Earth kind of guy, and I like that. Sanderson is his opposite. And, we've also got Madam Snapshot. She's talented. But cruel. I hope I get a bout with her some day. Maybe I can inspire some change in her as well. If not, I'll just have to show her that her kind are not welcome here.

Fan #2: Would you sign my action figure?

Lance: Of course I will! Thank you all for coming, and if anyone wants something signed or just a chat when we're done, I'll be here!

The blitzes start flashing again, as Father Lance Goodison rises from his seat, and a small queue of people with different Goodison merchandise forms in front of his table. The screen fades to black.

Lance Goodison

Back to top Go down