Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter's PPV Promo Part 1

Go down

Winter's PPV Promo Part 1 Empty Winter's PPV Promo Part 1

Post  WildWinterSanderson Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Prologue;

Winter Sanderson has, throughout all of the hype towards and around Breakthrough, been conspicuous by his absence. Usually a man who is very opinionated, and who is not shy of voicing those opinions, he hasn’t been seen outside of the ring since his embarrassing run in with The Management Planner during which he was relieved of his clothes. In the ring, he had a disappointing loss to Mask Of Fury, that proved all those that said he wasn’t right for a chance in the main event right, but he went at least part of the way in proving those doubters wrong this week when he toppled newcomer Amen. One has to wonder why
Winter has been so quiet, and if this is part of any game plan the notoriously sly, sneaky master manipulator has already formulated and put into action. If this isn’t the case, then why has ‘The Wild One’ kept his mouth shut for a change? Could it be fear? Intimidation? Embarassment? Who knows, but what is known, is that one way or another, Winter is squaring off against the CFWA World Champion The Management Planner at Breakthrough in a match perfectly suited to the Winter Warrior…the Freezer Room Brawl.

Main Feature;

[The fans are inside the arena and the event is well and truly sold out…CFWA is doing good business, and you have to wonder if they had a bigger capacity venue on the ship, then maybe they would be doing even better. Inside, the fans in attendance are certainly making the most of the experience and soaking up the atmosphere, with dueling chants and high spirits all the way up to the rafters. That’s about to change.

On the titantron, a white light brightens over the screen, before disappearing again. A loud buzzing can be heard as static appears on the screen, and the fans in attendance turn their attention to what is befalling them, wondering what it all means. After a few seconds of the static, an eye flashes on the screen. Then again, then again. After a few times of this happening, the fans are perplexed and can’t work out what is going on. Finally, the screen pans backwards to slowly reveal that the eye on the screen belongs to ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson, and we see him standing in the ring…but something is not quite right. Winter looks cold, and there is something a little different.

The camera pans back even more to reveal Winter is stood right in the middle of the Freezer Room Brawl. The ring is untouched as before, but around it, the squared circle is encased by a hell in a cell, frozen over. Finally seeing the gargantuan structure is enough for some fans, and they start cheering and shouting loudly, clearly impressed by the look of the titanic freezer. Winter is in his usual red rose tracksuit attire, and has a serious expression on his face. Saying nothing, he crouches down in the center of the ring for a few seconds, letting the Freezer fully sink in, as the camera surveys the icy walls surrounding the ring. If the match didn’t sound grueling to begin with, it certainly looks it now. The ice glistens, both sharp and absolutely solid…easily able to do huge damage to the human form…and it looks totally inescapable. The camera pans back to Winter, who steadily rises to his feet in the middle of the ring. Looking into the camera, he opens his mouth, and when he does…it is obvious that he really means every single word he says, and is telling the absolute truth.
]

--//--//--Winter--\\--\\--
So it’s come to this. I’ve been in CFWA only a month and a half, and here I am starring in the main event of the company’s upcoming pay-per-view, Breakthrough. Now I know what you’re used to from ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson, and I also know that most of you are expecting me to stand here like I usually do, and give you my usual shtick about being the best and how nobody can beat me and whatever. That’s not going to happen this time. I’m not going to be the witty son of a gun that I usually am. Sorry to disappoint you, but I’ve got a number of issues that I need to address, as a matter of urgent priority, and that’s exactly what I intend to do. You’re going to get the deadly serious Winter Sanderson, and every single word I say tonight I mean with a passion….understand? Good, then I’ll begin.

I told you it wouldn’t be long before I was headling pay-per-view with this company, and I was right. It seems that Father Lance Goodison really wasn’t the champion he proclaimed himself to be, but rather was a complete and utter flop. This is a double edged sword really, because The Management Planner defeated Lance, and is now CFWA World Champion, having used his rematch clause. Now call me stupid, but a rematch clause is where you get a shot at the title you’ve just lost…Planner was never World Champion, yet he used his rematch clause on the World Title…fascinating….what’s even more perplexing about this scenario, is that The Management Planner had lost his Tsunami Championship cleanly to Chessman, only the previous week! So how, I hear you ask, does a man go from losing the mid card title cleanly to a mental patient one week….to being World Champion the next. Bad Management and organization, that’s how. It wasn’t even Planner’s fault for once, the blame lies with the CFWA board for sanctioning such a stupid and self-absorbed plan. The real stroke of genius, would have been to give me the title shot over Planner. Now, I hear you cry, why would I deserve it over The Management Planner? Well I hadn’t just lost a title to a chump cleanly. I’ve done nothing but be a shining example of just how exceptionally good this federation can be, and if you gave me the title shot, I’d have won and we’d still have the main event for Breakthrough!

That, however is not what’s important, because as I just said, we’d have arrived at the same conclusion…this week’s main event, at Breakthrough. I’ve only been here a little while, and it is a testament to the man that is Winter Sanderson, that I’ve already got my own speciality match that’s set to be debuted on the main event of PPV, in the federation’s premier title match. The Freezer Room Brawl is a match that personifies ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson. It says everything there is to say about me…from my icy name to my cold demeanor and chilly personality. It’s also brutal and unforgiving, even more like yours truly. This match is going to be one that well and truly is grueling, and I strongly doubt either me or The Management Planner are going to walk out of it unscathed, let alone in one piece.

[Winter smiles a scowl, and motions to the vast structure encasing him.]

Now this brings me on to all the talk and discussion regarding the PPV itself. It seems everybody backstage, and all you fans, think that this match is a no brainer and that Planner is going to waltz out of the Freezer with his title intact having not had much of a challenge from me. When I say everybody, I mean everybody. It looks like the only person who has faith in my abilities and thinks I’m going to win, is me. Why am I so confident, I hear you cry, when everybody else is so sure that this is going to be a walk in the park for the CFWA World Champion. Well, for whatever reason, people here don’t rate me, they don’t think I’ve got what it takes. I don’t know why that is…I’ve proved time and time again that I’m the best talker this federation has ever seen, and that I’m certainly one of the best in the ring, the most adept at all styles and ready to pull something unexpected out of the bag when the time is right….yet still everybody thinks I’m going to fail and fall apart. Something to do with the way management ‘books matches’, perhaps? Maybe…It has to be said there are a number of losses and victories that don’t fit the books in this place, and maybe the boss is demanding people take a dive…that’s all I’ll say. Lets be honest, there’s no way Pedro Legend would beat me hands down, is there? That won’t figure into the equation next week though.

[Motioning with his hand he waves his finger to indicate ‘no.’]

The Management Planner is somebody I’ve run into quite a lot over the last couple of months, and he is without a question the man that I’ve been waiting to get my hands on, so I can beat the living daylights out of him and show him that nobody messes with ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson, and nobody on the face of this earth gets away with embarrassing me like you did. This isn’t just about the CFWA World Championship, this is personal, this is me going to be locked in a Frozen Cell with weapons to play with, and no escape for the Management Planner….I’m going to escape with the title and my reputation intact, wait and see, that’s a promise…I’ve got another promise for you all tonight….and seeing as you all know ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson loves to keep his word, you can believe this for all it’s worth….

[Winter pauses for a few seconds, letting the tension build before carrying on.]

If I fail to beat The Management Planner at Breakthrough, and claim the CFWA World Championship, then I will leave this company and you will never see me again. That’s right, if I don’t win, I don’t deserve to be here and I can’t live up to my own hype, and I will leave CFWA and I will not return. You can take that as gospel, it’s a fact…if ‘Wild’ Winter Sanderson doesn’t finish the night as champion then you can kiss him goodbye because I’ll be moving on. Think about it…against my biggest rival here, in my specialty match, on the main event of pay-per-view, for this company’s biggest title. It’s time I either proved all the doubters wrong or I shut the hell up and moved on. If I can’t win with those incentives and all this on the line, then I never will. So you’re going to see Winter Sanderson give this everything he’s got, his best shot, everything I’ve got in the tank. That’s a fact.

[With that, the video on the screen quickly vanishes and is replaced with an empty black screen in the blink of an eye, as the crowd take in what they have just seen, and the quiet sound of discussion slowly fills the arena.]

WildWinterSanderson

Back to top Go down