Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were GM, what would you change?

+6
wingofchaos
Mask of Fury
Tom Dudely
The Xecutioner
The Philadelphia Phighter
John The Brick Rose
10 posters

Go down

If you were GM, what would you change? Empty If you were GM, what would you change?

Post  John The Brick Rose Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Seems like a pretty open question, but the truth is, sometimes you sit back and read a card, or see a storyline progress, and say "Hey I could have done that better." Granted, that's your opinion, doesn't make it right or wrong. You just see things differently.

My goal as "Acting GM" is to take all your ideas that may benefit the federation. Now normally I would lead by example here, and leave my own ideas . . . but I want to hear from you all first. And I ask that there be no negative feed back posted as reply. If you are uncomfortable with posting here, please feel free to PM me with any ideas, questions or concerns. I will take it up with our Admin team and discuss it, then reply back in a timely fashion.

There are a few ideas I know will be brought up, and I would like to address 2 of them. Specialty matches. There is a limit of money that we have for each show, and Hardcore Matches and Ambulance cost alot more money to put on. The payoff for ticket sales will sometimes be worth it. Other times not. Tag team matches are among the costly matches.

To give you a rough idea. John Rose vs Karze in a straight up match costs us $1000, just the one singles match. Crime and Punishment vs Impact Players. 4 men involved, $4000? Right? No. It costs $10,000 for a tag match. These are things we need to consider. If we break the bank, the fed goes bankrupt and we're done.

I will be learning more about the financials shortly, as I am trying to learn as much of the business aspect as possible. So for now, specialty matches will be reserved for feud enders and PPV's. Now, if say you have a match idea, we can still edit standard matches, though time consuming. Another example:
Mad Redneck wants to face off with Mask of Fury in a strap match. We can run the match on the card, to assure payments of contract, but then go in and retype the text. Once again, we would need advance notice to do this. Fair enough?

Second, the match cards and RP's. My goal here is simple. I would like to have cards set by Sunday night at the latest, not run just set, to allow more time for RP's. Feuds will be getting revamped and more details will be needed. For example we get what, 10 shows in all per season? Your contract states you get 3 shows a month? I would expect a feud setup to include how long the feud will last, will it be a major feud (Something that can be built up to a PPV) or a minor feud (something to fill match cards and develop your character). Will you have material (segments, or RP) to build your feud between character interactions. Again this will all be explained more but here's an example of a Major Feud, assuming each man has 3 appearances per month:

Feud: The Mad Redneck vs The Chessman vs #1 contender
Reason: Redneck cashing in his Wildcard
Length: All season - ending at PPV
Plan: Redneck and Chessman agree to nontitle match Week 1, promos/segments Week 2 along with request for #1 contenders match, Chessman defends title Week 3 against #1 contender - clean ending, Redneck Promo announcing Wildcard cash in at PPV. PPV Redneck vs whomever holds title.
Special requests: Chessman and Redneck have both agreed to have the nontitle match end in a draw.

Again just an example. It's alot to take in, and haven't worked the bugs out, but we got time. lol.

John The Brick Rose

Back to top Go down

If you were GM, what would you change? Empty Re: If you were GM, what would you change?

Post  The Philadelphia Phighter Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:34 pm

Alright, I don't know my position around here because of this fancy @ that will probably be degraded, but here's a couple of my thoughts for the fed.

1. Make the Wild Card exciting and prestigious
Face it, Frosty disappeared after he won the belt. Get it to an active RPer, and let's try to end PPV Wild Card matches without run-ins for the title. (Where the Ice-Cream Truck match was headed)

2. Guest commentary
Once every two weeks or so, somebody can sit in on the other's match for commentary. So you'd get the match, and could basically put in stuff to boost a rivalry without the use of a RP. Just to freshen things up.

3. No Jobber match is ever allowed to be for a title, even though it is a jobber match
That's a slap in the face to the prestige of the title.

4. Tag teams actually feud this season
To save money, not every match in the feud is a tag match.

Back to top Go down

If you were GM, what would you change? Empty Re: If you were GM, what would you change?

Post  The Xecutioner Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:50 pm

They are pretty good ideas TPP. I probably would of done the same.

The Xecutioner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Dudely Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:05 pm

I agree with TPP, but I'd also Like to add that maybe a little more commentary during the matches would be cool. Almost like watching a real show. It would cut into the repetitiveness of the longer matches.

Tom Dudely

Back to top Go down

Post  Mask of Fury Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:10 pm

I too think we should throw some commentary in there after big moves, a good back and forth series of moves, when a guy bleeds, etc. for certain matches. A guest commentator would be great in those instances too.

Mask of Fury

Back to top Go down

Post  wingofchaos Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:56 pm

I think we need photo, some videos, dividers, and work with everyone RP storylines.
wingofchaos
wingofchaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsikenonwaristak Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 am

count me in! See what I can help with. I can work with Philly in regards to Tag team section and ad-lib some in tag team finishers and trademarks. Possibly more. Smile

Tsikenonwaristak

Back to top Go down

If you were GM, what would you change? Empty RE:

Post  The Mad Redneck Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:32 am

First thing I would do John would be to make sure the match cards are up atleast 3-4 days in advance of the show to allow ample time for good rp. It wouldnt even hurt to make the matches up following the shows. that way if you know the matches the announcers can kind of preview the upcoming show. Just a thought.
The Mad Redneck
The Mad Redneck
Admin

Back to top Go down

If you were GM, what would you change? Empty if you were a gm what would you change

Post  crusherman Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:12 am

first thing I would do is maybe add some realy small cool stuff like more commentary usige of all the matches we can maybe some music from youtube at the beginning
and finaly we should have like intoruptions during some of the matches like vickie does all the time and like william regal use to do switch the lights off tht would be cool! and I can't think of anythign else right now!
crusherman
crusherman

Back to top Go down

Post  manogre Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 am

I like the guest comentary idea, I know I'd be up for doing it a few times. In a similar style we could also bring in "with manager" matches, or guest referee. I don't mind how early the matchcards go up, but it would be nice to get at least a day to RP it. that way we can fit good RP's introducing matches into the shows as well. I'm not overly fond of putting music and youtube videos into the actual shows tho, if people have videos put them into forum stuff. I know on a selfish point of view that realy I only read the important "highlighted" parts of matches, so would scim past videos and things if I've seen them before.

Obviously I wouldnt want to be GM, purely because I know how much work has to be put into it. However if you want to return to doing something that I thought used to work well, I would put a "GM Introduction" at the start of the shows, rather than a commentary one, just so we know where you stand on all of us as the weeks go on.
manogre
manogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down