Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center

+9
Tsikenonwaristak
manogre
Tom Dudely
Amen
Revolution
Wrecking Ball
Justin Lightray
Mask of Fury
Kris Rosin
13 posters

Go down

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center Empty [OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center

Post  Kris Rosin Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:12 am

This game of Mafia will be hosted by yours truly.

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center Suburbiacb2
In the normally tranquil village of Macintosh, a dark presence is about to make itself known. For the past few years, an underground family based crime syndicate known as The Mafia has been covertly establishing its presence in the community. Up until now, the citizens of Macintosh have been blind to the evil that surrounded them. However, tonight is the night the Mafia makes its move. Tonight, the first person will die; until the Mafia has decimated all opposition, the innocent towns folk will continue to die. Unless, of course, the Mafia is destroyed first; but how will paranoia affect the decision of the townspeople? Will they turn on each other?

Mafia is a group role playing game that tests a person's ability to strategize, survive, and lie (or spot a lie). The imaginary setting is a small village where the local townspeople and Mafia are in an all out battle for survival.

Here is a fantastic flash tutorial for newbies of the game.

At the beginning of the game, players are PM'ed a role. The role they are assigned might be either as a member of the townspeople or as a member of the mafia. Mafia members know who the other mafia members are. The townspeople do not know who belongs to the mafia.

The Mafia's sole purpose is to murder the citizens getting in their way. They have free reign of the town at night, but by day they are citizens-in-disguise.

The Townspeople's objective is to lynch the Mafia. Each day they select one person who they believe to be a member of the Mafia (although there is no way to be sure) and cast a vote to lynch them. Whomever receives the majority of the votes is lynched and removed from the game.

Then, night begins. Townspeople are not allowed to communicate during this time; however, Mafia members are allowed to do so. The Mafia collectively decides which towns-person to murder. At the end of the night, a townsperson is killed and removed from the game. Day begins, and the cycle starts over until either:

• The townspeople eliminate the Mafia completely. In this case, the townspeople win the game. (Even if you've been killed off!)
  • There is an equal number of townspeople and mafia members. In this case, the mafia win the game. (Even if you've been killed off!)

Our game will also have specific roles.

For example, if you signed up for the game you may receive a PM telling you your role:

You are a townsperson. Your objective is to determine who is a part of the Mafia and lynch them. In addition, you are the town doctor. This ability allows you to protect one person from being murdered each night. During the night cycle, simply PM the moderator the person you would like to protect. The selected person will then be safe for the night.

NOTE: You can only advertise your role in the game thread do not bring this up in another part of the forum or in a PM, you will be killed when caught.

Specific roles in our game will consist of:

MAFIA: (Win when they are equal in number to the townies.)

The Godfather: In charge of sending out the night kill choices. Appears innocent to the cops.
Goons: Basic mafia members

TOWNIES: (Win when all Mafia members are dead.)

Doctor: Can protect one player a night from being killed.
Townies: Basic towns member, tries to lynch the mafia. No special ability.
Cop: Can investigate one player each night, to see if they are mafia or townies.

OTHER: (Wins when everyone is dead.)

Serial Killer: He works alone, he can kill one person every night.

The rules for our game are as follows:

RULES
0. This is a game. Have fun. Don’t let things get personal.
1. Votes must be bolded all votes that are not in bold, won't count. (i.e VOTE = Kris Rosin )
2.Lynching simply requires the majority of voters, a tie will result in a random drawing which will determine who is lynched
3.The game is NOT to be discussed anywhere else on the forums, if it is, the player who discussed it will be modkilled and replaced.
4.There is absolutely NO EDITING of your post. So be careful what you say and how you say it.
5. If you quote a PM from the host of the game, you will be instantly modkilled, and replaced.
6. Once you are dead, you may not post in the thread anymore, under any circumstances. If you are not playing, meaning you did not sign up and receive your role, you MAY NOT post in the thread, it will just be deleted.
7. If it states in your role you have to make a night kill, you must make it by the deadline. If not, you will be replaced.
8. If for some reason, you will NOT be able to participate after you sign up, please let the host know via pm, and you will be replaced.
9. No posting in invisible or small text. Everything you type must be easily readable.
10. The game will start after everybody confirms their roles, which will be replying to the host after they send it to you.
11. Lynching reveals a role, night killing does not
12. If you don't post every 48 hours, you will be replaced, please only sign up if you can commit that.
13. Always follow the forum rules
14. If you ever need anything, just ask the host
15. Red is the offical mod color, no one but me may post in it, and if someone other than me edits it, the red will be edited out and they will be warned.
16. I reserve the right to edit these rules and change them as I see fit.

If you are still confused, here is a great Mafia Wiki Resource

There are only 15 spots available for this game of Mafia. We're trying this out as an experiment. Depending on the popularity of the game, more spots will be made available next time.

The first 15 people who sign up will be allowed to play. After the 15 spots are filled up, you may still continue to sign up. This is because it might be necessary to replace a user who signs up but does not participate, violates the rules, etc. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE FIRST 15 SIGN-UPS DOES NOT MEAN YOU WON'T PLAY.

For everyone else, sit back and enjoy the game.

If you are interested in playing, simply sign up below.

1. The Philadelphia Phighter
2. Brazilian Fury
3. Dragonfist
4. Mask of Fury
5. Justin Lightray
6. Wrecking Ball
7. Revolution
8. Amen
9. Tom Dudely
10. manogre
11. Tsikenonwaristak
12. Naboo
13. The Xecutioner
14. la meako
15. crusherman

Waiting List

Last edited by Kris Rosin on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 am; edited 18 times in total

Kris Rosin
Admin

https://cfwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center Empty Re: [OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center

Post  Mask of Fury Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:14 am

sounds interesting, sign me up

Mask of Fury

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center Empty Re: [OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center

Post  Justin Lightray Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:47 am

I'm in.

Justin Lightray

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrecking Ball Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:01 am

why not im in

Wrecking Ball

Back to top Go down

Post  Revolution Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Revolution is a murderer I'm in!
Revolution
Revolution

Back to top Go down

Post  Amen Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Count me in too. Smile
Amen
Amen

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Dudely Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Sure, I'll give it a go

Tom Dudely

Back to top Go down

Post  manogre Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:15 pm

il take up a spot, could be fun. One thing tho, can the mafia people kill off the doctors and cops? and is the godfather known at the begining of the game and un-vote-out-able?
manogre
manogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsikenonwaristak Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm willing to learn the game. Smile

Tsikenonwaristak

Back to top Go down

Post  Naboo Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:18 pm

I'd like to give it a go

Naboo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Dudely Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

manogre wrote:il take up a spot, could be fun. One thing tho, can the mafia people kill off the doctors and cops? and is the godfather known at the begining of the game and un-vote-out-able?

I believe I played this game quite a few years ago. If it's the same way, you can kill the doctor and cop. It will make the game easier for the mafia because noone will be able to interrogate or save people. And the godfather is not known because if you read the cop description it says that the godfather is free of investigation. Anyway, if you knew who it was, wouldn't you try to kill him first?

So, you wouldn't want anyone to think you're anything but a townsperson. If you're known to be the cop, the mafia will target you because you can find out who they are, if you're known to be the doctor, the mafia will target you to stop you from saving people.

I don't know if that makes it easier or harder to understand but I gave it a shot

Tom Dudely

Back to top Go down

Post  The Xecutioner Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:08 pm

I would love to be in it but i wont be on tomorrow as i wont be connected to the computer.

Is that alright?

The Xecutioner

Back to top Go down

Post  manogre Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:31 am

oh aye yea, I just thought that because the mafia knew who was in the mafia they knew everyone elses roles 2. Thats quite clever
manogre
manogre

Back to top Go down

Post  la meako Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:18 pm

can i join?

la meako

Back to top Go down

[OFFICIAL GAME] Mafia I: Sign Up Center Empty Mafia game

Post  Kamodor Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey, sounds fun, why not! Sign me up. Very Happy
Kamodor
Kamodor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down