Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federation FAQ

Go down

Federation FAQ Empty Federation FAQ

Post  Lance Goodison Sat May 10, 2008 2:01 pm

This is an FAQ on all kinds of federation issues. I will update it if anyone poses questions that ought to be in it.

What determines who wins and who loses in the CFWA?
The outcome of matches are mainly decided based on the following things, in this order of priority.
1. Storylines. If you've got a storyline going, we need to make it interesting, so this bears a lot of weight.
2. Activity/RP quality: Inactive wrestlers mostly job (lose) their matches.
3. Wrestler's strength: If two inactive wrestlers fight, the game's match generator gets to decide.

When is payment for being part of matches paid?
This may vary. Payment is made automatically some time after the show has ended. I have heard that it can delay up to 24 hours, although my experience is that 5-6 hours is usually the norm.

When does my popularity and fan count change?
Your fan base and your popularity grows or decreases (I still have not seen it decrease yet) at the same time as payment is made for participating in a show.

What determines the score of the federation compared to the score of other federations?
Two things determine this:
1. How many votes (the yellow stars) the show receives from each wrestler wrestling in total. Thing is, we remove those stars from the report when editing the card to make it look better, so it is hard to calculate how many we get. However, this means that the federation benefits on your wrestler getting as many stars as possible. Therefore, we encourage having three finishers, three taunts and three signature moves, investing in entrances, increasing your "Stiff Blow" stat (bleeding in matches adds stars), and having a total of 78 moves in your move set (the more you have, the more votes you receive, up to this number). Getting good vote ratings give your wrestler more experience that can be spent on Advanced Techniques, so you'll benefit from it too.
2. How good votes we receive from people outside of the federation who read our shows. At the end of the show, there is a dropdown list and a vote button where others can rate our show.

Why does the CFWA not have tag matches currently?
Tag matches are expensive to host. While a regular one fall match costs 1,000 FE, a tag team match costs ten times that amount, 10,000 FE. Therefore, until the federation has a more sound economy, there is no tag division around here.

Can we request special matches in the CFWA?
There's nothing wrong with requesting one, but this is also a matter of federation economy. First, purchasing the right to use one type of special match costs 50,000 FE. When we purchase a special match, the federation will forever be able to use it, but it will still cost more than a regular One Fall match to have on a card. So far, the only special match we've got is the Hardcore match. It costs 5,000 FE to use.

Lance Goodison

Back to top Go down

Federation FAQ Empty Re: Federation FAQ

Post  Lance Goodison Mon May 12, 2008 12:29 am

A word of advice when it comes to maintaining a move set of 78 moves, if you choose to do that. Keep as many moves as you can in the two "To the Ropes" categories, the two "Outside of the Ring" categories, and the two "To the Turnbuckle" categories. These are moves that trigger rarely compared to all the other ones. If you still have trouble having 78 moves, purchase moves in all the running categories. They do trigger during the matches, but not as often as Opening move, Standing, Groggy, Bent down, and Stunned.

This is how I'm planning my move set:
Right now, I have many moves in most of the move categories. I am, however, gradually bringing in moves in the running categories (One Wrestler Is Running, Both Wrestlers Are Running, Running Opponent, and You Are Running), and the ropes, turnbuckle and outside categories. Each time I buy such a move, I deactivate one of the weak moves I have in the important categories like Opening Move, Standing, Groggy and Bent Down. Eventually, I plan on having 3-5 really strong moves in these categories, while the bulk of my 78 maneuver move set is found in the unimportant categories, allowing my max experience from my move set without damaging my wrestler's potential too much.

Lance Goodison

Back to top Go down