Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for Season 6

4 posters

Go down

Preparing for Season 6 Empty Preparing for Season 6

Post  John The Brick Rose Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 am

At the beginning of last season I asked a simple question. What would you do differently if you were in charge. The feedback was very helpful in choosing how we molded the federation last season. Now we've cut a lot of the dead weight from the roster, and picked up some great newcomers that have been active, and a few that have not. As always we are still giving people the chance to prove themselves along the way. Again, to anyone not sure what to do with their character (Storyline development, Character Personality, Feud Options, etc) please feel free to contact any member of Support Staff: Kris Rosin, The Philadelphia Phighter, and myself.

As we prepare for Season 6 we do have some new opportunities. Of course, we have the Pipeline Championship for the newcomers to strive for. However I have another suggestion for lower level characters. Naboo, I believe, brought up the idea in the Season 5 opinion section of having Underdog type story by pitting a newcomer against a "classier" (aka established higher level) wrestler. . . I like the idea, and if there are higher level guys that want to help out lower, then by all means go for it. The suggestion I have, however, is to help in a different way.

We only have 2 established tag teams currently in the federation. We're looking for balanced teams. Now what I consider balanced is high/low or mid/mid. For example we take Mad Redneck and team him with Kris Rosin and you have a tag team not likely to lose too many matches, not exactly fair. However you take Redneck and team him with The Working Man against Kris Rosin and Mr Fantastic and you have a balanced match and team . . . again just a thought. It would also bring me to my next thought.

Mentors. Aside from having everyone asking Support Staff (which is encouraged highly) about how to get their wrestler more established (and therefore more matches, feuds and title shots). I was thinking of seeing if any "ring veterans" would be interested in taking on a role as a mentor. I perfect example of how well this works is Mask of Fury and Timebomb. Mask has been around, if I recall, from the start of the federation. He and Timebomb (a much lower level) are still working a great long term feud. Even though the matches tend to be onesided, the storyline they created helps to outweigh the domination in the matches.

Feuds . . . I admit, I think I confused people when I changed the Feud Application. Generally, all we really need is "Who and Why". Then we will either deny or approve based on the effort going in. We will work to make the Application clear and simple.

Draws . . . Way too many time limit draws this past season. So here's my question on this. If the match has a clear winner at the end (ie Wrestler One is in yellow, Wrestler 2 is in Red). Would you prefer we declare that person the winner? The harder part to this is if it's an even bout to the end? Since we can not control time limits, we need to determine a fair system here.

Holiday/Vacation/Other . . . Please if possible, notify someone on staff if you are going to be away for an extended time period. We aren't heartless, we understand real life comes first. However, if we don't know you're gone for a reason, we have to assume you just aren't being active. And as we all know inactivity leads to JOBBER status, or termination of contract/no resign of contract.

I know this was alot to cover, and there's probably more things here to add, but it's 2am and I am falling asleep, as I'm guessing most of you are by now after reading this. Comments are welcome. Aiming for Season 6 to be very large. We've upgraded the arena to hold over 50k and will continue to upgrade as often as possible to raise our fan level. I'm hoping to bring this federation up to a higher bracket.

Last thing I want to say is what I seem to repeat alot. Thank you. To everyone who keeps this federation exciting. Staff, moderators, and of course wrestlers (well you active ones anyhow, lol).

John The Brick Rose

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Season 6 Empty thanx

Post  crusherman Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:25 pm

thank you and can't wait
crusherman
crusherman

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Season 6 Empty Re: Preparing for Season 6

Post  manogre Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:20 am

about the draw thing, unless having a draw leads to helping a feud (eg two people feuding get a double count out during a last man standing) I think it should be edited in as a winner, drawn about by who is either doing more for the fed, or is more likely to benifit from the win (eg if I was facing Rosin it would benifit me more than him). There should definately be more freedom to edit matches, not in a corrupt way, but more in a way that helps matches flow and pans the season out better
manogre
manogre

Back to top Go down

Post  crusherman Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:13 pm

I like that idea
crusherman
crusherman

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Fantastic Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:31 pm

In like the ideas adding more variety to the tag division sounds good and it would be an honor to serve with/under an established partner/mentor.

Mr. Fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down