Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Phighter's Dark Room

Go down

The Phighter's Dark Room Empty The Phighter's Dark Room

Post  The Philadelphia Phighter Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm

*A dark room contains what looks to be one of CFWA's wrestlers. A small trace of light shows bright red - Phillies red. It's the red of The Philadelphia Phighter's hat, which is on the ground. Michael Hunt notices it's the Philadelphia Phighter from the hat.

Phighter: Winning is like shaving - you do it every day or you end up looking like a bum. Jack Kemp. Sit down, Michael, there is a chair in the back of the room for you.

*In the light, you can see a hand with one finger out pointing to a small, wooden chair in the back. Michael Hunt begins a walk to the back of the room.*

Phighter: I assume you've come to ask me about Tommy Gunz. Tommy Gunz, the big muscle-builder. There is far more opportunity than there is ability. Thomas A. Edison.

*Michael Hunt sits down quietly. The only light now is in the center of the room, as the door, which was giving off minor light, has now been shut.*

People come up to me on the streets of Philadelphia. They don't cheer me. They don't smile at me, Michael. They spit at me. They shout nasty curses. I can't help them all, as I'm myself. Envy is human nature. Monica Bellucci.

Michael Hunt: Phighter, can I just get a word with you? I'll only take a moment of your time. You can keep doing whatever you happen to be doing. My first question is what do you think of your opponent tonight?

Phighter: A total commitment is paramount to reaching the ultimate in performance. Tom Flores. Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans. Peter Drucker.

My mind is back at CFWAR. I remember the moment. Me against Amen. I quit. I shook his hand so it would be highlighted as his win - not my loss. Friendship is a sheltering tree. Samuel Coleridge. I had to go back to my hotel. I had 30 friends there. They had set up a celebration, a beautiful banner, and beer bottles, so none of us would remember the night. I opened the door, and they jumped out, yelling surprise with confetti and streamers. I put on a fake smile. They're all cheering happily, playing Twister, laughing, having fun, and thinking I was in the title hunt for a title like the Wild Card. I didn't have the heart to break it to them. I lost my match at CFWAR. My chance to be a star, ruined. My chance to show everyone that I was for real. My chance to seal my spot as a wrestler in the CFWA because my contract was going to expire a week after the event. Self-pity was rising in fast, as you can see. They got me a chocolate cake that said Congratulations. Chocolate, Michael, is my favorite kind of cake. I sat there in self-pity and watched everyone enjoy the cake. I had a piece because they insisted and were wondering why I hadn't smiled the whole time. It was torture. Plain, simple, torture.

I put on this confident phase you see - smiling, bragging to everyone that I was the best. I got myself in hot water with the man who is now known as the Tsunami Champion to fool everybody. Inside my body was burning - burning in desire to win a match of big standards at a PPV. This Pipeline Championship Match is just what I had needed. What the doctor ordered if you may. I lose this tournament - I'm going to be walking in self pity from town to town. I'm not focusing on whoever my opponent is tonight Michael. I'm in my head, trying to figure out how to do everything. How to hit Gunz with Brotherly Love, how to make him bleed, how to lock a headlock on him. CFWA New Beginnings. That's right. If I lose there, you won't be seeing the confident Phighter anymore. You...will be seeing a tortured soul walk among you. Brick will be laughing at me during the tag match. I'll be standing there on the apron, with whoever I pay to be my partner, as this confident phase hasn't done me any good with the guys in the back, in self pity. When I go against whoever is in the ring, I won'tt be happy, bragging to everybody. I won't be yelling to the crowd that I am the future of the CFWA. I won't be rolling outside the ring walking up the ringsteps like Rocky. I'll be..a tortured soul.

*Camera fades to black.*
The Philadelphia Phighter
The Philadelphia Phighter

Back to top Go down