Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curiosity about ticket sales

3 posters

Go down

Curiosity about ticket sales Empty Curiosity about ticket sales

Post  Chessman Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Is there any drawback to offering more tickets than are actually sold for a show?

Example: If you only offer 3000, and you sell 3000 as opposed to offering 4000 tickets, and selling 3500.

Is there a penalty for not selling those remaining 500 tickets? Is there a limit to what you can sell?

This is just me being curious about our ticket sales as opposed to other feds ticket sales.

Chessman

Back to top Go down

Curiosity about ticket sales Empty Re: Curiosity about ticket sales

Post  Lance Goodison Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Good question!

Let's look at the ticket sales of a random federation's card today.

Tickets Request: 1.761
-This is the number of tickets that people are willing to buy. It depends on the federation's score. Usually, for the main shows, federations sell our their arenas. However, on the minor shows, the request for tickets is usually lower, so that the entire arena is not filled. Federations can spend money on increasing their arena's number of seats. That is what the CFWA has mainly done, instead of purchasing expensive special matches. I have heard that the demand for tickets can be higher than the number of available seats, in which case the federation could have sold more tickets if they had had more seats.

So you see, federations don't offer tickets - their arena's seating capacity determines how many are available. Both a federation's main and minor show are hosted in the same arena.

Tickets Selled: 1.761
- So, this is the number of tickets actually sold. I find that most often, the number of tickets sold is exactly the same as the number requested, so I doubt that the system that calculates the number of tickets requested is a very advanced one. I can't remember having seen the CFWA with a higher demand than we've got seats.

Tickets Income: 17.610 fantaeuros
- Each member of the audience pays 10 fantaeuros for his ticket. The money is added to the federation's savings after a whole bunch of expenses have been covered, including cost of booking matches (special matches and tag team matches cost more than regular one fall ones), the cost of booking title matches (the bigger the title, the more expensive), and a GM's salary which is 1% of the income of each card that the main GM of the federation receives for his work. Even for federations that are way bigger than the CFWA, that 1% is not a lot of money.

If a federation spends more money than it makes, it eventually goes bankrupt. I'm not sure about the details on this.

Lance Goodison

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Rosin Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 pm

you will not get paid that is how it works

Kris Rosin
Admin

https://cfwa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chessman Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 am

So, I just found a Fed whose show had the following numbers:

Tickets Request: 12.697
Tickets Selled: 6.000

Does that mean that they COULD have sold 12697? That if they had 12697 seats, they would have sold them all?

How many seats do our arenas hold then? What is the absolute max we could sell and still sell out?

Chessman

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance Goodison Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am

Yup, they could have doubled their sales!

I'm not sure how many seats we currently have. I believe Kris has increased the number pretty much every week, so the shows earn more and more. I don't know exactly how many we have now, but maybe Kris can tell us?

Lance Goodison

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Rosin Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 am

They only have 6.000 seats they need to get more ASAP

Kris Rosin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chessman Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 pm

I for one would love to see how we are progressing as a fed, how we are growing, see a list of attendences after each week. It would give us an idea of how well we are doing.

Also, how can we help grow the fed? How can each individual wrestler help the fed sell more? Is it all fans, entrances, or is there something else we can do?

Chessman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kris Rosin Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:21 pm

entrances give higher ratings and it is pretty much about how I spend the money

So I have 50k
i can buy 1 specialty match or i can upgrade the arena... i want to upgrade the arena which means more people coming in which means more seats filled...

Kris Rosin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum