Cobalt Flood Wrestling Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Gimmicks

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Gimmicks Empty Favorite Gimmicks

Post  Mask of Fury Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 am

Throughout the years wrestling has had some great gimmicks and some horrible ones. I think that no matter how good the wrestler is the gimmick can make the match and the wrestler better than he/she can wrestle. Here are my some of my all time faves.
Misfits in Action (General E. Rection, Corporal Cajun, Lt. Loco, GI Bro, Major Gunns, AWOL, etc.) - not too many people liked this idea, I thought it was great with them running in at random times and taking out Lance Storm's Un-Americans.
The Hurricane - if only he could have used the Vertebreaker, I also liked him as Sugar Shane Helms.
The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Worker Ant) - from Chikara, an indy promotion, they are ants, but they play the role so well, if you saw them you'd see why they are a cult fave in their promotion.
Player Uno - he has an NES controller on his trunks which opponents can use to pause him, it is hilarious to watch and he does it perfectly.
The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase - he was classic, had his own belt and everything
Brutus The Barber Beefcake - the only barber I know of in pro wrestling
William Regal - he can be funny or he can just piss you off, one of the best heels in the business right now
Big Boss Man - when he was old-school before switching to WCW
Sgt. Slaughter - both as a face and a heel, loved to hate him when he turned against the US

Mask of Fury

Back to top Go down

Favorite Gimmicks Empty Re: Favorite Gimmicks

Post  The Sniper Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Ok, there are the gimmicks that i preferred during the years...

1-The Undertaker: he is my favourite wrestler, but the point is that i love his gimmick. As deadman he is devastating, as the american bad ass, he was also a greater entertainer, 'cause he was able to speak more then now.

2-Triple H: probably he is my second favourite. Even if his gimmick is easy to create, he is the greatest right now, The Game, i mean, he controls everything, but i don't like the fact that he has 11 title reigns while Taker has just 6 of them.

3-Shawn Michaels: maybe the fact that he is in the business from about 20 years explains the point. He has been heel, face, tweener, he made the Attitude Era, i don't need to keep talking.

4-Ric Flair: after wrestling until 60 years old, i have to admit, he is the greatest of all times. The Dirtiest player in the game started his career by cheating, and ended it as a great man, cheating, but with the entire pro wrestling fans' support. WOOOO!!!

5-The Rock/Stone Cold Steve Austin: i put them together, because i think they are very similar to each other. Either you like them or not, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! Ok, that was a joke. I think they both had the greatests mic skills of all time, and they were indestructible in the ring. They both had the power to write the pro wrestling history. I'll never forget Survivor Series 2001 when they were the last two survivors in the elimination match for the Alliance Vs WWF supremacy. They stole the show everytime. And they keep doin' it. Only thing i don't like, just like everybody else as a WWE fan...Rock...please come back -_-
The Sniper
The Sniper

http://triumviratewrestling.forumfree.net

Back to top Go down

Favorite Gimmicks Empty My fav's

Post  manogre Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:31 pm

1. Chris Benoit, the rabbid wolverine, I think his time at wrestling was a great one and he realy did the industry a lot of good. He is one of the great submission artists and I think that he was as much a risk taker as the likes of jeff hardy, but he wasn't as charismatic

2. Christian Cage, he was one of the best gimmicks as captain charisma, the peep show was supreme as it realy took the mick out of everyone, he was very satirical whilst being very egotistical. An amazing combination to have at WWE as it keeps everyone one their toes. He's also made a good contribution at TNA

3. Edge, rated R superstar, I absolutely hate the gimmick at the moment, but all the stuff prior to the Vickie disaster was absolute genious. He is the ultimate heel as he has lots of wrestling ability, was not afraid to do anything on TV, and did what he was labeled as, he was the ultimate oportunist and would win matches he had no right to win through the spear and money in the bank. I have to say I like the idea of CM Punk giving him a taste of his own medicine tho
manogre
manogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Philippe H. Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm

All time : fan of the Undertaker.

WWE : MVP one of the best heel of WWE, in my opinion.
Curry man : Crazy, stupid, but so entertaining...
Daizee Haze : Flower power !
Philippe H.
Philippe H.

Back to top Go down

Post  libertyrock2 Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Ok lets see i would say for the WWE It would have to be the Undertaker great persona.
WCW of old: The NWO gimmick loved it
ECW: The Birth of Raven favorite wrestler of all time. and Stevie Richards
NWA/TNA: Curry man/ Christopher Daniels
Japan: Tajiri and the Ladder that became a Hardcore champion
Favorite New Wrestler: Player Uno (look him up on youtube)

libertyrock2

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 156877

Back to top Go down

Post  Mask of Fury Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Player Uno rules, one of the best gimmicks of all time and hes so good at it. Pause, A, B, gotta love it. Any video game fan would like this gimmick.

Mask of Fury

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down